- SOGAZ INSURANCE acquired 100% of shares of ZHASO JSC.
- SOGAZ INSURANCE was the first Russian insurer assigned a long-term credit rating BBB+ in Russian and foreign currency with a “stable” outlook by Dagong Chinese Rating Agency.
- SOGAZ INSURANCE was the only Russian insurer granted a permit for transborder operations in obligatory and facultative reinsurance with counterparties in the PRC.
- The authorized capital of SOGAZ INSURANCE , the key member of SOGAZ INSURANCE , was increased to 25 billion RUB.
- SOGAZ INSURANCE was granted a permit to carry on reinsurance business in the Arab Republic of Egypt as a foreign reinsurer.
- SOGAZ INSURANCE received approval to act as a foreign reinsurer in the Arab Republic of Egypt
- A contract for insurance of liability of the RF Ministry of Defense during military space launches for a total amount of 33.3 billion RUB was awarded
- SOGAZ INSURANCE completed insurance payments in respect of the accident at Achinsk Oil Refinery in June 2014. The total amount of insurance payments was 16.7 billion RUB
- Anton Ustinov was appointed the Chairman of the Board of SOGAZ Insurance
- SOGAZ INSURANCE paid more than 2.2 billion RUB in respect of the accident at Zagorskaya PSPP-2
- ALROSA IC integration in SOGAZ Insurance Group was completed.
- SOGAZ acquired 24.99% of ZHASO shares. Four SOGAZ representatives were appointed as members of the Board of Directors of ZHASO.
- SOGAZ was awarded a contract by the Ministry of Defense to cover liability risks during launches of 7 space vehicles for 31.5 billion RUB in 2015-2016.
- SOGAZ participated in the Moscow franchise residential property insurance program for the first time. The Company provides coverage of apartments of residents of two administrative districts of the capital – Central and Eastern.
- SOGAZ paid indemnifications in respect of the barrack collapse near Omsk that resulted in the deaths of 24 people and the injuries of 18. About 60 million RUB were paid in two weeks as claims settlements.
- SOGAZ jointly with another insurance company paid 1.9 billion RUB to ROSCOSMOS in respect of the loss of Progress space vehicle in April 2015.
- Sberbank awarded the D&O insurance a contract for 4.6 billion RUB.
- SOGAZ provided coverage of Kuibyshev refinery reconstruction and upgrading risks for 76 billion RUB.
- SOGAZ provided coverage of upgrading and expanding Taishet – Skovorodino section of Eastern Siberia – Pacific Ocean oil pipeline for 31.5 billion RUB.
- SOGAZ concluded the first contract for coverage of construction and assembly risks during construction of Power of Siberia trunk gas pipeline for about 50 billion RUB. It also provided coverage of construction risks in respect of the 208 km trunk gas pipeline section between Chayadinskoye field and Lensk.
- SOGAZ signed cooperation agreements with the Governments of the Republic of Mariy-El and Chuvash Republic.
- SOGAZ provided coverage of 15 launches of space vehicles and satellites.
- SOGAZ Group reached a 100-billion milestone in terms of premiums written. Group assets exceeded the record-for-market 180 billion rubles.
- SOGAZ is a recognized leader in corporate insurance. In 2014, more than 77 thousand of enterprises were our customers including strategy corporations of the Russian economy. The number of COGAZ customers increased in 2.5 times for the last two years.
- SOGAZ settled more than 100 thousand losses related to property-casualty insurance - from payments to car owners to indemnity arising from accidents on the big industrial objects.
- Leading international rating agencies awarded the high credit rating of SOGAZ. Expert RA for the first time rated the company as А+ according to the international scale.
- Number of Russian people insured in «IC «SOGAZ-Med» JSC for the first time exceeded 15 million people.
- SOGAZ JSC acquired 99.74% of the shares in the authorized capital of ALROSA Insurance Company LLC from ALROSA JSC. The company became a member of the SOGAZ Group.
- The biggest on the Russian insurance market agreements were concluded: energy risk reinsurance agreement (Energy Facility) for 1 billion USD and an obligatory reinsurance treaty in respect to construction and assembly works for 150 million EUR (Construction Facility) and reinsurance agreement in respect to construction and assembly works (Construction Facility) for 500 million USD and obligatory reinsurance treaty in respect to property risk with the coverage limit of 150 million EUR.
- SOGAZ obtained accreditation to conduct reinsurance activity in Brazil.
- Cooperation agreements were made with the Government of Republic of Khakassia and Government of Irkutsk Area.
- 16.7 million EUR was paid due to the destruction of the "Yamal-201" satellite.
- MIA of Russia, Sberbank, Ministry of Defence, RRC "Energy", Magnitogorsk Iron, a set of enterprises of the United Aircraft Corporation became SOGAZ customers in 2014.
- Construction of new segments of three Moscow subway lines - Kozhuhovskaya, Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya and Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya - was insured for the total amount of 222.5 billion RUB.
- SOGAZ is the insurer of the first in the world floating power-generating unit of the floating nuclear heat and power plant "Akademic Lomonosov". The amount insured is over 22,6 billion RUB.
- The company insured the life and health of about 130,000 employees working in the Federal Fire Service of the Russian Ministry of Emergencies.
- $28.05 million paid in connection with the Tu-204 passenger aircraft accident at Vnukovo Airport on December 29, 2012.
- Cooperation agreements signed with the Governments of Tyumen, Belgorod and Omsk Oblast, Altai Krai, as well as the administration of the cities of Ekaterinburg and Omsk.
- SOGAZ insured the risks associated with the XXVII World Summer Universiade in Kazan, a total of 260 billion rubles.
- The risks of NOVATEK JSC and its primary subsidiary manufacturing companies were insured for a total of over 230 billion rubles.
- The largest claim in 2013 associated with the partial loss of communications satellite Yamal-402 was fully paid. The satellite was launched on December 8, 2012. Total payments amounted to €73.09 million.
- The SOGAZ Insurance Group was announced the official insurer of the XI International Aviation and Space Exhibit MAKS-2013.
- The company signed the largest obligatory reinsurance treaty for marine risks and cargo with a limit of $100 million.
- After an open tender, SOGAZ acquired a 98.9% share stake in the Transneft Insurance Company. This was the largest transaction in the industry in the last four years.
- The National Rating Agency assigned SOGAZ OJSC a ‘AAA’ reliability rating (maximum reliability).
- The company won an open tender for the right to insure the launch of thirteen satellites under the Federal Space Program of Russia for 2006-2015.
- The aircraft operation liability of the Ministry of Defense was insured for 2013-2014.
- SOGAZ paid 84.7 million rubles to 42 relatives of the people who died in the plane crash in Kazan on November 17, 2013.
- The international rating agency, A.M. Best has, for the first time, assigned to SOGAZ OJSC a rating for its financial stability of B++ and a credit issuer rating of «bbb»; ( ratings forecast ─ “Stable”).
- Two modern outpatient dialysis centers were opened in Irkutsk Region with the assistance of SOGAZ.
- Cooperation agreements were signed with Moscow and Rostov Regions.
- A settlement of 90.5 million rubles was paid to relatives and heirs of the players of HC Lokomotiv who died as a result of an airline crash occurring on September 7, 2011.
- The construction of Baltic NPP in Kaliningrad Region was insured for a total amount of 207 billion rubles.
- The authorized capital of SOGAZ OJSC was increased to a record amount in the insurance market ─ 15.1 billion rubles.
- The risks of Admiralteiskie Verfi SJC in the construction of six submarines of Project 636 were insured for almost 2 billion USD.
- By the end of the year, SOGAZ became the largest reinsurer in Russia, company fees for incoming reinsurance amounted to 4.4 billion rubles
- Sergei Ivanov was appointed as the Chairman of the SOGAZ Board of Directors.
- Indemnities were paid out to the passengers who suffered in a fire aboard the Kogalymavia flight 7K 348 Surgut – Moscow.
- SOGAZ OJSC and the Russian Highways state-owned company (Avtodor) signed a memorandum on strategic partnership.
- SOGAZ OJSC became the insurer of Saipem, an Italian engineering company, as well as several enterprises owned by IES Holding. The company won tenders for insuring RusGidro, Federal Grid Company of the Unified Power System OJSC, MOESK OJSC, Rostelecom OJSC, Sberbank of Russia OJSC, Nornikel, Volga TGK OJSC, Orenburg TGK OJSC and others.
- The major corporate insurance programme for the EVRAZ enterprise properties ($29.5 billion) was renewed.
- SOGAZ became the first Russian company to participate in insuring the Sea Launch international project.
- The company insured sophisticated marine construction projects such as the Jubga – Lazorevskoye – Sochi gas pipeline, underwater tunnels across the Nevelsky Strait and across the Baidaratskaya Bay and construction at the Kirinskoye gas condensate field.
- Along with other major Western insurance companies, SOGAZ insured the risks of the Nord Stream project.
- SOGAZ insured the St. Petersburg-based ROSENGINEERING CJSC against construction and installation risks related to the construction of the Winter Olympic facilities in Sochi for a total of 35 billion roubles.
- SOGAZ provided 2.1 billion roubles in insurance coverage for the launch of the Lutch 5A satellite, which successfully reached its final orbit on 12 December 2011.
- SOGAZ-AGRO, a SOGAZ company, insured agricultural produce in an intervention fund at 466 enterprises in 56 Russian regions for 44.1 billion roubles.
- The Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra Government and the SOGAZ Insurance Group signed a cooperation agreement.
- Standard & Poor's brought the company’s ratings up to ВВВ- (forecast Stable); Expert RA confirmed their rating atА++ (Exceptionally High Reliability, forecast Stable).
- The validity of the company's certificate of compliance with GOST ISO 9001-2008 (ISO 9001:2008) was renewed. The certificate testifies to the high efficiency of the company’s quality management system.
- The company opened 14 branches in the Republics of Chuvashia, Khakassia, Karelia and Yakutiya, in the Novgorod, Pskov, Leningrad, Oryol, Kaluga, Ryazan, Tver, Kursk and Omsk Oblast and the Altai Territory.
- SOGAZ became the title sponsor of the Russian Premier Football League Championship. The company entered into a four-year trilateral contract with the Russian Premier Football League and the Russian Football Union.
- SOGAZ-LIFE joined the Life Insurers' Association.
- Leader CJSC, a SOGAZ company, supported the construction, equipping and commissioning of three sports and recreation clubs in the Nizhny Novgorod region as part of a public-public partnership.
- SOGAZ participated in the inauguration of a dialysis centre, equipped with 12-hemodialyzers, in the Irkutsk region. The plan calls for the construction of three centres like this one.
- SOGAZ insured property of OGK-2 for 39.8 billion rubles.
- Won the tender for the right to insure the aircraft fleet and liability of STC Rossiya.
- Property risks of four subsidiaries of Gazprom, operating in Venezuela, were reinsured.
- SOGAZ insured the work for the construction of Reactors No. 3 and No. 4 of Rostov NPP for an amount of 197.7 billion rubles.
- SOGAZ International Medical Center was opened in St. Petersburg. The investment in the project amounted to over 1.5 billion rubles.
- Following the tender, a contract was conclude for the insurance of property of Russian Railways for an amount of 6.28 trillion rubles.
- The international rating agencies Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings increased the financial strength rating of SOGAZ to «BB +» (Stable forecast).
- SOGAZ acquired 45.9% of the stocks of the Black Sea-Baltic Insurance Company SOVAG (SCHWARZMEER UND OSTSEE Versicherungs-Aktiengesellschaft SOVAG) from the investment fund Volga Resources SICAV SIF S.A.
- SOGAZ became an official partner of the Russian National Football Team.
- SOGAZ paid insurance claims to clients of the tour operator “SCM-Travel”.
- SOGAZ retained the status of the General Partner of the Continental Hockey League for the season 2010/2011.
- Processing (reactor) equipment at Energoatom Concern OJSC insured for 30.6 billion roubles.
- SOGAZ insured the construction of a Moss CS 50 Mk II semi-submersible floating drilling rig for the Stockman project for 36.7 billion roubles.
- SOGAZ OJSC obtained the GOST ISO 9001-2001 (ISO 9001:2000) conformity certificate, proving the exceptional nature of the quality management system used by the company.
- IC Neftepolis is renamed into IC SOGAZ-AGRO.
- Sheksna Insurance Group, a major insurer in the Russian northwest, joins SOGAZ Insurance Group.
- Construction of the facilities for the 2012 APEC summit in Vladivostok insured for 62 billion rubles
- SOGAZ Insurance Group became the General Partner and insurer of the Continental Hockey League for the 2009-2010 season.
- SOGAZ insured the construction of Stan-5000, the first metallurgical complex in Russia producing broad tube sheets, for EUR 1 billion.
- Standard & Poor's increased the company’s rating forecast from “Stable” to “Positive”.
- SOGAZ obtained accreditation as a reinsurance company from the Insurance Supervision Service of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (SUDESEG).
- Fitch Ratings changed SOGAZ’s rating forecast from “Stable” to “Positive”.
- SOGAZ and Vietnamese PetroVietnam Insurance Joint-Stock Corporation entered into a contract to insure and reinsure power industry projects.
- Cooperation Agreements signed with the administrations of seven regions: Irkutsk Oblast, Vologda Oblast, Yaroslavl Oblast, Tomsk Oblast, Volgograd Oblast, Bryansk Oblast and the Republic of Tatarstan.
- SOGAZ won the tender for the right to conclude property insurance contracts with Mosenergo OJSC and its employees for the period from 2008 to 2011.
- Fitch Ratings assigned SOGAZ – a key member of the SOGAZ Insurance Group – a “BB” international financial stability rating (FSR) and “AA-(rus)” national FSR, outlook: stable.
- SOGAZ won the tender for the right to insure the property of 17 SIBUR Group companies for the total amount of 322.7 billion roubles.
- Vadim Yanov, Chairman of the SOGAZ Insurance Group Management Board, was elected Chairman of the Supervisory Council of the Russian Nuclear Insurance Pool.
- The Group signed a contract for reinsuring off-shore energy projects that enables it to insure risks for up to USD 1 billion.
- SOGAZ Insurance Group became the general insurer for the Continental Hockey League in the 2008-2009 season.
- Standard & Poor’s assigned SOGAZ – a key member of the SOGAZ Insurance Group – a “ВВ/ ruAA” credit rating, outlook: stable.
- SOGAZ Insurance Group celebrated its 15th anniversary. Socially-oriented festivities took place across the country.
- The Group won the tender for the right to conclude insurance contracts for Gazprom OJSC and its subsidiaries from 2007 to 2011.
- AB Gazprombank (CJSC) and the SOGAZ Insurance Group launched a special programme for Gazprombank card holders.
- The authorized capital of the SOGAZ Insurance Group increased from 935,116,500 rubles to 3,085,884,450 rubles.
- The Board of Directors at SOGAZ approved the Group’s development strategy until 2012.
- SOGAZ became an official partner of the Zenit football club.
- The SOGAZ Insurance Group began implementing the National Programme for the support and restoration of the Russian cultural heritage.
- The Group took part in the Agricultural Russian Insurance Pool (RSSP).
- SOGAZ started implementing the new Programme of insuring small and medium businesses, SOGAZ-Enterprise.
- Vadim E. Yanov was elected as the Chairman of the Management Board of SOGAZ OJSC.
- SOGAZ completed the payment of the insurance indemnity to LLC Orenburggazprom and LLC Uraltransgaz, which amounted to RUR 750 million, related to a fire at a helium plant that occurred in August 2004
- The Board of Directors of SOGAZ approved the Group’s development strategy up to 2007.
- Russian Railways, RAO United Energy Systems of Russia, Rosatom, Rosneft and the Russian Transport Company became clients of SOGAZ.
- The SOGAZ Insurance Group acquired a 85% share stake in the authorized capital of IC Neftepolis LLC.
- A SOGAZ Insurance Group sales office was opened on the Rublevo-Uspenskoye Highway, Zhukovka village.
- SOGAZ obtained a license from the Federal Security Service which allows to perform work dealing with state secrets.
- IC SOGAZ-Life, a company specializing in life insurance, was registered.
- An integrated programme for insuring individuals was developed.
- SOGAZ became an official partner of the Russian boxing team.
- The total volume of premiums collected amounted to 11.9 billion rubles.
- Evgeny G. Leskin was appointed as the General Director of SOGAZ OJSC.
- Gazprommedstrakh OJSC became a member of the SOGAZ Insurance Group; its objective was defined to be developing compulsory health insurance as part of the Group.
- Gazprommedservice LLC was created to provide health services for the Group’s clients.
- The Expert RA rating agency assigned SOGAZ the highest stability rating A++ for the first time.
- In June 2002, the company was led by Aleksey E. Olshansky, who formerly occupied the position of Financial Director (Deputy for Financial Matters).
- As part of the strategy for entering the open market, the SOGAZ corporate style was developed in accordance with the company’s focus and mission.
- Important market contracts were concluded with companies like TNK-BP.
- SOGAZ took the 16th place in terms of the total amount of insurance premiums collected and 7th for insurance other than life insurance.
- SOGAZ paid 780 million roubles in insurance indemnity related to gas transit through Ukraine (due to the unauthorized withdrawal of exported gas).
- In that year, SOGAZ became the absolute leader in terms of indemnities paid, which totaled to 2.9 million rubles. Once again, the company proved its reliability and trustworthiness.
- SOGAZ took the 9th place on the market in terms of premiums collected.
- Gazprommedstrakh OJSC took 4th place having collected 1.2 billion roubles in insurance premiums.
- From the report of the audit commission, May 19, 1999:
“In 1998, the SOGAZ Insurance Company lost 4.746 million rubles due to the national financial crisis as well as due to the creation of a provision for the depreciation of securities… The information obtained from the financial calculations allowed us to confirm the company’s liquidity and reliability.”
- The types of insurance coverage that the company is licensed to provide increased to 37, while the number of concluded insurance contracts increased from 21,000 to 54,900.
- The company’s total scope of liability amounted to over 20 trillion roubles.
- From the report of the General Director Vladimir S. Denga, presented at the annual general meeting in 1997:
“The rating of companies is a relative indicator. If we wanted to be at the top as quickly as possible, we could have insured any risks, created numerous subsidiaries or insured risky financial transactions. Our concept is to create a company with the reputation of a reliable, stable and trustworthy partner.”
- By Decree No. 16 of the Management Board of RAO Gazprom “On developing an insurance business in RAO Gazprom”, dated February 22, 1996, the directors of RAO subsidiaries and joint-stock companies were charged with providing insurance coverage for their businesses’ property.
- From the report of the General Director Vladimir S. Denga, presented at the annual general meeting in 1996:
“1996 has been a rather difficult year, and not just for RAO Gazprom, but for the insurance market as a whole. Many insurance companies that had specialized in minimizing tax deductions on wages were liquidated… others did not follow the requirements set forth by Rosstrakhnadzor and lost their licenses.
From the very beginning, the SOGAZ Insurance Company based its activities on classic insurance principles, so the abovementioned factors that turned into a tragedy for some companies did significantly influence SOGAZ. The company has continued its dynamic growth.”
- On March 22, 1995, the Moscow Registration Chamber registered INSURANCE COMPANY OF THE GAZ INDUSTRY SOGAZ (SOGAZ INSURANCE) under No. 22793, RP. The company hereinafter referred to as SOGAZ INSURANCE became the legal successor of AOZT European and Asian Insurance Company of the Gas Industry.
- Vladimir S. Denga was appointed as the General Director of the company.
- The volume of the premiums collected by the company amounted to 114.2 billion roubles, an increase of 5.5 times since 1994.
- On February 4, 1994, the company obtained a license to provide 15 types of insurance, issued by the Federal Insurance Supervision Service of the Russian Federation.
- In 1994, the company collected 21 billion roubles in insurance premiums, thereby taking the 75th place in the insurers’ ranking.
- Excerpt from a report presented by Sergey E. Sarkisov, President of the SOGAZ Insurance Company, at the annual general meeting in 1994:
“The biggest result and the main achievement of the past year, as I see it, is the buildup and selection of the company’s staff who are some of the most qualified in Russia.”